Study Abroad - Launching Fall 2018
Earn credits and travel
We are happy to announce that M.A.D.E students are now able to study abroad in Paris! Take advantage of this opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the “City of Art” while taking classes in your selected program. You’ll gain a new perspective on design by working with professors at our sister schools in France and expand your creative network to include like-minded Parisian art students! Call us to find out more about the Study Abroad programs for M.A.D.E students in Paris!
• Engage in numerous cultural and social activities, and build lasting memories with classmates
• Enjoy private, guided tours to historic landmarks, museums, and monuments such as the Louvre, Versailles, Notre Dame, and more. (Transportation and tickets additional.)
• Listen to speaking panels hosted by renowned French artists, designers, and entrepreneurs with Q&A
• Available to full-time Diploma Program students in good standing that meet a minimum 2.5 GPA
• No previous French language study required
• U.S. citizens receive a 90-day tourist visa; non-U.S. citizens are responsible for obtaining their own visa. M.A.D.E will not provide any assistance with obtaining visas.
• 5 students minimum to launch the program
Applications (Available October 1, 2018)
Travel dates will be announced and detailed in the Application.
Applications will be available to students enrolled starting Fall of 2018. For more information and enrollment forms contact an Academic Advisor on campus or call (786) 332-6233 after Oct. 2018.
• Application Fee: $450-$550
• Students are responsible for their own expenses, and cannot be financed through TFC.
• Out of pocket costs include flight, hotel, passport, insurance, etc. An estimated cost for each student would be between $2,500 and $3,000 excluding costs for food and entertainment.
• M.A.D.E will research and assist students with booking their trip, however, each student will be responsible for paying for the accommodations themselves.
No, M.A.D.E’s participating sister schools are located in Paris.
No. In order to complete an internship abroad, an individual would need to apply for a work visa among other necessary documents. With the added liabilities, as well as the French language, completing an internship abroad is not an option for M.A.D.E students at this time.
There will only be one Study Aboard trip each year. As long as the student is in good standing, they are welcome to apply for the study abroad program. Topic covered during the trip is not specific to a class level. Our goal for this program is for the students to experience the historic art and design culture within France.
Students will take classes for 3-4 hours a day followed by lessons related to their overall program of study where you’ll also get hands-on experience with assigned projects.
Students who attend the study aboard program will not fall behind in their program because you will be taking related courses during their trip. Additionally, the scheduled trips will be aligned with M.A.D.E breaks so students miss the fewest number of classes possible.
Yes, a staff member from M.A.D.E will accompany the students throughout the entire trip.